OH MY GOODNESS!!! Ok- when then enemy is out to get you, boy, he doesnt kid around, does he?? I have finished the chapter "The Power" and am now working on the actual first chapter "His Wife"... My husband came home early a couple of days ago and said he was home for a while due to issues at work. His superiors have sent him home so they can look into a few incidents and try to figure out what happened. Hubby says there is nothing to worry about, it will all blow over with a laugh. But I still cried and prayed to God- "help us though this..." "keep us strong..." "help me to not stress or worry about this..." Satan, though, implanted so many of my worst fears into my mind, nearly driving me crazy. It did drive me to tears and a phone call to my dad, though. Then, I prayed some more...
After a few tears, I remembered this book. I remembered a prayer in it Omartian had written. It was a simple three word prayer. I cant even tell you how many times I prayed it. I cant tell you how often I would just look at my hubby and simply say "Protect him, Lord" or something like "Ease his spirit, help him know you are watching out for us". We are trying to look at this situation as a mixed blessing. Things need to be done around the house and property, and he now has a few days off to work on them. God is good!
Quote from the book:
"When a heart becomes hard, there is no vision from God's perspective... We dont see the whole picture...When we pray, however, our hearts become soft toward God and we get a vision. We see there is hope."
"The purpose is to ask God to make your heart right, show you how to be a good wife, share the burdens of your soul and seek Gods blessing on your husband."
OK- so task for this week is to pray for God to change me as I continue to read the chapter on us "wives"...

No comments:
Post a Comment