OK- first day reading the book The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. I have a wonderful husband. He is kind, generous and supportive. We had 1 Corinthians 13 read at our wedding, the "Love chapter" and I am constantly trying to live up to everything that 'Love is...'. I know the power of prayer and I know that it can change a persons heart. I am hoping that by reading this book it will change my heart so I can show constant LOVE to my husband. I want to be patient and kind, not jealous or proud. I have moments when I want to hide under a rock after showing some kind of jealousy or being flat out rude to him. I want to be supportive of him, but not overbearing or demanding. Those are my prayers for now, I am sure they will change as I read this book. I cant wait to see how God changes my heart.
Quote from the book " Many things that happen in a marriage relationship are actually part of the enemy's plan set up for its demise. But we can say, 'I will not allow anything to destroy my marriage.'
'I will not stand by and watch my husband be wearied, beaten down or destroyed.'
'I will not sit idle while an invisible wall goes up between us.'
'I will not allow confusion, miscommunication, wrong attitudes, and bad choices to erode what we are trying to build together.'"
"We can take a stand against any negative influences in our marriage in His name to back it up."

No comments:
Post a Comment