About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

21 April 2010

a few photos


working on rock wall gardens around the old oaks...

the azalea bowl, trying to get it cleaned out (briars and brush) to let my grandmothers azaleas grow

one of my grandmothers azelas (also my favorite- I love the two tones of pink)


Temporary garden for this year, until our other one is not longer part of the foundation construction



end of the day, the burn pile is slowing burning down...

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you're getting a lot of good things done in the yard! My husband and I will be moving soon, and one of my priorities if fixing up the yard! :) Are there any blooming bushes you'd recommend?? I'm afraid I'd kill a real flower haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that a hammock in the background? I soo want a hammock. I can see lot's of fun photos in one! Those azelas are beautiful! I can tell that they are an heirloom, b/c you don't see them around often! looks like you are a busy bee with your yard. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna- the only advice I can give you is to check out Lowes or Home Depot. If you live in the south like me, then Azaelas are good, maybe check out some roses. If you like fragrant flowers one of my favorites are gardenias (they arent blooming yet, but should soon)... but definately put mulch around the area. It makes the flowerbed or landscaped are look SO MUCH better when there is mulch and it helps hold in moisture and keep out weeds. Good luck with your yard and the upcoming move!

    Amanda- yep, it is a hammock. One of my favorite places for afternoon naps with my daughter. It is also fun to lay in when it is sprinkling. looks like diamonds falling from the sky, that is something my mom did with me. ahh, memories :)

    ReplyDelete