About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

07 April 2010

slowly but surely

I have finally finished chapter 1 in The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. WOW- We have alot to do as wives in the prayer department... It is nothing impossible- especially with God- but I may have to reread the chapter again, just to make sure I work on everything. I want to be the best wife my hubby could have. I want to set a Godly example for my daughter. I want to make my relationships so much better, but I know I need to go through God first, for his help and guidence, for his grace.

I pray regularly for a hedge of protection. Our Sunday School teacher used that phrase one day and I have adopted it as one of my own... Omartian talks about putting up a "hedge of protection" around our marriage, saying that we can stand against negative influences in our marriage... I want a the hedge to protect my family from harm, but I had never thought of having it protect my relationship. The thought of God being that hedge, providing the hedge, to keep our marriage safe, making it strong and healthy... I LOVE IT!! It seems so hard at times, almost impossible, to do or say the right things. Knowing that God is in the middle of it all, covering us with his love and protecting us gives me a peace, a sense of calm that we will survive :) **remembering a little dancing alien from college...**

Quotes from the book:
""...your attitude must be, 'Whatever You want, Lord. Show me and I'll do it.' It means being willing to die to yourself and say, 'Change me, Lord'."
""Prayer is the ultimate love language."

1 comment:

  1. Hi!~Amanda here from homegrown and beeyoutiful. Thanks for following my blog! I just clicked over to your blog. Great post today! I agree that we must ask God to put a hedge over our marriage. Marriage is a full time job, but the rewards from the time you put into it produce a sweet harvest that just get better as the years go by if we always put God first!

    ReplyDelete