I am including thoughts on all three of these chapters, because one flowed into the next, one seemed to impact the other...
~Chapter 4- His Sexuality This ought to be interesting... ok this chapter talks about a mans need to be intimate. Omartian talks about how we, as wives, have the duty to meet our hubby's needs before our needs get met. She says that even in times when we really aren't feeling "in the mood", instead of responding with usual 'Not now, Im tired' type of responses, to instead of say 'Give me 10 minutes' and go make yourself feel pretty by brushing your hair, wash your face, or even by putting on something pretty he likes. "This is a small investment of time to see great rewards in your marriage."
~Chapter 5- His Affection I know, for me, that affection is a great thing. There are days that I dont want to be touched, and there are days that a simple holding of the hand makes all my worries go away. Affection to me can be as small as holding hands or playing footsie under the sheets to the more physical- kisses and massages (YAY). 1 Corinthians 7:3 says Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband."
"Affection isnt at the top of a mans priority list because men often see sex and affection as being the same. A womans greatest need is for affection" according to Omartian. I dont think it is wrong to ask our hubby's for a little more affection, if that is what we need. It is always nice to feel loved.
~Chapter 6- His Temptations I am sure some would wonder how this chapter ties into the previous two... but this is what I think... If men are denied what they need and women are not getting what they need then that will open a door for temptation to sneak into our lives... The enemy is waiting for us to be weak and vunerable. He wants us to trip over his roots of evil when we are distracted. In this chapter Omartian says temptation can be many things, alcohol, money, drugs, power and pornography. Doesnt the root of these temptations come from basically the same thing? To feel love whether it comes from a person or something materialistic?
~I hope to be a Godly wife for my husband, not only to help meet his needs, but I also pray for the hedge of protection around him, that any temptations that come his way will be met with resistence.

we must stay top of all asepcts of our marriage. It is too often times that the enemy is just waiting to attack. Prayer and good communication are vital.
ReplyDelete