Well, considering all that has been going on the last week with hubbys work, this chapter really opened my eyes on how to be there for him, how to encourage him and pray for him. After reading chapter 2 I think I finally realize how important WORK is to our husbands. It is not just a job, it is almost like an identity of sorts. It is their way of taking care of the family, Ecclesiastes 3:13 says "because God's gift to us is the happiness we get from our food and drink and from the work we do."
Work makes my hubby happy, it is a "source of fullfilment"... I had mentioned to hubby the possibility of changing occupations, his response was- 'I like my job, I enjoy what I do...' DUH! He comes home so tired, beatup and, somedays, looking like he has been in a catfight. But he is always excited to tell me about what he did. I wouldnt want him to be in any other job, unless he comes home even more excited. Hubby is so good to me. I know he loves me, oh so much! He has given me the wonderful gift of being able to stay home with our daughter, of being a homemaker and soon, a teacher. :) I will need TONS of prayers on the last one... :)
Omartian writes "You can pray for his eyes to be opened to see what God wants him to do, and where God is leading. Your prayers can help him feel appreciated and encouraged enough to recognize he has worth no matter what he does." Who doesn't want that prayed for them. I imagine in todays world with so much pressure on materialistic things, that many men, and women too, feel that it doesnt matter what job they have as long as they are making enough money to keep up with society. I want hubby to know that no matter what he does I appreciate him and love him for what he does for our family. I want to be able to encourage him so he knows how much he is worth to me and our daughter.
Hubby drives a diesel truck and our daughter knows the sound of his truck. There are a few that drive up and down our road, but she knows his specifically. We will be putting an extra lock up at the top of the door because when he gets home she is out the door, excited to see her daddy. I think, tonight when he gets home, I will run with her. I want him to know how excited I am to see him home, too... I hope we dont knock him down :)
Quote to think about: "If your husband is a hard worker, make sure he has times of rest and enjoyment- to do things that entertain him and give him a reprieve from the weight of a lifetime of supporting a family. Men need periods of refreshing."

dear little firefly~you are on such a sweet road to marital bliss! Thank you too for your words of encouragement today! Have a blessed weekend!!!
ReplyDelete