YAY- I finally got back to reading The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian.
I had to read this chapter twice. Partly so I could understand it fully, but also by the time I had a chance to sit down and read it I realized how much it applies to my life this moment. Amazing how that happens, huh... God is a wonderful mystery! I love it!
This chapter goes over our hubby's mind. Omartian talks about how the enemy can attack our mens minds. "If he and I were one, than an assault on his mind was an assault on me as well" Omartian says. I am learning, every day- and with each one of these chapters- how much my hubby and I are ONE.
Everyone is under attack from the enemy. We, as wives, should stand by our men, letting them know that those words whispered by the enemy are false. When our hubby's start to hear that they are 'a failure', are 'doomed to fail', etc. We need to be praying that our hubby's will instead hear words from God like 'hope', success', 'prosperity'. We should be praying for protection over our hubby's mind. I dont want my guy thinking that he is a failure, that he cannot do anything right. He should know that he is great. He should know that he does alot of good and is a wonderful man, husband and father.

very good! One of the greatest things as wives we can give our husbands is our hand and hearts of encouragment and support them in all that they do.
ReplyDeleteHusband and wife are ONE...yes in soooo many ways...I find that this is one of the sweet things of a marriage because everyday we are living and learning together!