I spent the majority of today shoveling cement and concrete pieces into an old trailer to haul out of our front yard... hot and sweaty, not my favorite two... We are in the middle of a house intervention of sorts. We had major water leakage with all the rain this past year. Up to 3 inches in our basement. Result: French Drains around the WHOLE foundation of the house. We have dug up all of my flowerbeds, destroyed our back deck, sidewalks and yard. There is dirt everywhere and I am ready to pay someone to come in and make it pretty again. Some flowerbeds are being redone as we speak, gardenias and lantanas have been planted. Patience is not one of my top virtues... Hubby and I are perfectly capable of tilling the yard and planting grass seed, I am just so tired of all the dirt being tracked into the house.
My daughter, however, is having the time of her life. We have designated "play clothes" for her... they are all this wonderful red/brown color from the Georgia clay... She likes to run her fingers through the mud and make dirt hills for the flowers to "live in". She likes to pick up all the shiny rocks that have been dug up- "Mama, its so beautiful." I think more rocks have been through my washing machine in the past 3 months from her than I can count... It is fun to watch her play, though. Makes me wonder where my imagination went. When did I become too "grown-up" to play in the mud... I think I will stop by a thrift store later this week and get some play clothes, show her how to make mud pies...
(PS: This photo makes our yard look GOOD compared to what it was a month ago. Mounds of dirt everywhere, trenches dug around the house, planks for walking across ditches... not pretty... At least it is somewhat smooth now)

very cute! I wonder myself if I allow my children time to enjoy "just being children" we went for a park yesterday afternoon with our homeschool friends and there was a creek. while the mom's were busy chitter chatting we thought that our children were on the playground and before we knew it they were all in the creek! I took photos and it was the sweetest thing! just letting them be...yes they are just clothes,water and mud and it was okay. It's amazing what God can show us when our eyes are open and not closed. (be patient with your flowers and landscaping~there is a time for everything.If this is a home your family plans on staying in for a long time,one day you will look back at all the hard work you put into it and be truly thankful! Thanks for sharing this sweet photo!
ReplyDelete