About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, always reading, always wanting to improve my relationship with Christ, my family and my friends. I love the outdoors, animals and nature. I have started homeschooling this year and learn new things each day. This blog is a place for me to write out my thoughts, to express my joys, loves, my hopes, frustrations, disappointments, thing I read, things I am learning... I am writing about my life... a little of this and that...

20 April 2010

rain, wonderful rain

How great it was to wake up this morning to see water dripping down my bedroom windows. My first thought was NO MORE POLLEN!! Wahoo, I hope this means my allergies will no longer be bothering me. My second thought was today will be a good day to get my hair cut. I hate doing things like this, grocery shopping and even cleaning my house, when it is just so beautiful outside. I almost feel guilty for doing things inside when we spent so much time in here last year while it was raining so much. I want to take FULL advantage of the wonderful sunshine while it is out. I cant wait until the back deck gets finished and we can cook and eat outside, too.

We had a wonderfully productive weekend. Lily spent Saturday and Sunday with Bidi and Gramps. This gave hubby and I some much needed time alone to discuss the current work situation. We went to watch a movie- The Clash of the Titans- LOVED IT! Not too sure about the 3D thing, but it was a great movie. Then Sunday we slept in until nearly 10:00, went walking in the woods, around the lake, then worked together in the azela bowl, clearing out vines and briars and dead limbs. Side by side, chainsaw by chainsaw, it is looking so much better... Hubby took the bobcat to the backside of the property and found some large rocks to finish working on my flowerbeds... I am SO excited. I will get some photos posted tomorrow, granted it has stopped raining... of course if it is still raining, I will be inside cleaning the house :)

1 comment:

  1. Rain is wonderful! we had some last night...It was so nice to see it come to water our earth and continue the growing. Now with a day full of sunshine~ God knows just what we need! This is so important for a marriage to have that "date night" It keeps it ALIVE!

    ReplyDelete