I have re-read chapter 1... So many things I liked about this chapter... here are a few
Has anyone read The Five Love Languages by Chapman ? Its a very good book. Omartian wrote that prayer is the 'ulitmate love language'. Websters defination of ULTIMATE:final, conclusive, extreme, greatest... praying for our hubbies is the greatest way we can show love to them. Its so simple, why hadnt I realized this before? I will be thinking on this for a while...
The bible says there is a time for everything *turn, turn, turn*. I am a talker... have been since I was little, and now my daughter is, too... but in marriage I am learning that sometimes, well for me alot of the time, it is best to keep quiet. Ecclesiastes 3:1,7 "There is a time for every purpose under heaven. A time to keep quiet and a time to speak." How do we know when it is time to just be quiet? We should pray to God when we start to get angered instead of speaking with words of anger and hate. Maybe it really is best to think before we speak... Gonna work on this one more..
I read somewhere that a mother (of older children) parked in one of the "Expectant Mother" parking spots at the grocery store. When she was confronted about it she said "I am an expecting mother. I expect my children to obey..." ha ha,still makes me laugh ... When I got married I expected we would do the chores together. Well, I realized very quickly that I clean the bathrooms, while he is happy to cut the grass (and I am more than happy to let him) :) Omartian says to "Let go of as many expectations as possible. Accept your husband the way he is and pray for him to grow." How do you get rid of expectations? How do you pray for God to take them away? Do you replace the expecting with something else? Maybe it is replaced with contentment... maybe you end up content with how things are, you become a 'happy-go-lucky' type of person.
Last thought... I want to be a Proverbs 31 woman... I think I may write out Proverbs 31 and tape it to me mirror in the bathroom...

I am enjoying your cup of sugar!
ReplyDeleteMarriage is a 'profound mystery'~at least that's what Paul tells us in Ephesians. Marriage is a picture of the relationship between Christ and the Church. It is a holy union, a living symbol, a sweet relationship that needs self sacrificing care. paul spends more time in Ephesians (5:22-33)~ telling our husbands to love us as to telling us to submit to them. Whenever I have questions about how to be the wife God expects me to be I find myself always in the book of Ephesians because we are essentially comparing our marriage to the church....Yes I know it is a profound mystery, and in a silly way I suppose we as well as our husbands are a proufound mystery to each other....That is the bee-you-tee of marriage. The more time you invest in it....
The BIGGER your cup of sugar will be!
Sweet post! Thanks for sharing